Frequently asked questions
1. What if I decide to have my baby elsewhere?
You can cancel your booking with us at any time. Provided you do not benefit from our service, you will be entitled to a full refund of our anaesthetic fee.
2. What if I do not need anaesthetic assistance during or after my labour?
If you deliver without anaesthetic assistance you will be refunded the balance of £675 from the fee that you have paid.
Any refund payable will be made following your discharge from the Lindo Wing.
3. What if I make use of the anaesthetic service for consultation before my admission and then do not require an anaesthetic intervention for delivery?
All consultations are included within the fee.
However, if you require consultations before admission and then deliver without anaesthetic assistance, we reserve the right to charge you up to £120 per consultation. This may impact on the amount of refund you receive.
4. What if I receive an epidural late in labour such that I do not receive the full benefit from it?
As you will have received anaesthetic assistance, you will be expected to pay the full fee and you will not be entitled to any refund.
5. What if I experience a complication which requires further anaesthetic intervention?
Your fee covers any anaesthetic procedure relating to delivery up to six weeks after delivery.
6. What does the fee for anaesthetic services NOT include?
Additional charges will be made for some procedures not directly related to childbirth e.g. insertion of cervical sutures. In such circumstances, you will receive an additional invoice separately to your standard fee. Our current anaesthetic rates are:
- Insertion of cervical suture: £250
- A separate charge of £250 is charged for surgical management of miscarriage.
7. Where can I find your terms and conditions?
Please click here